May 16, 2007

Foreword

Welcome to Vishnupuran!

I was extremely attached to the episodes of Vishnupuran telecasted on Zee and DD during 2001-2004. This attachment led to me writing down each episode into a bundle of sheets as and when I saw it. This blog is an upshot of those writings.

Needless to say, none of what has been written here is based on any research carried out by me. This blog is, to best possible extent, just a pure and clean reproduction of what I had seen as a late teenager, on the television, plus my interpretation in a simple yet at times teenaged humourous narration. All credit of the story goes to the makers of the mega serial ‘Vishnupuran.’

The story at times might be recollected incorrectly or crudely, considering my incomplete knowledge of the Hindi vocabulary! Any such inconsistencies are duly regretted!

For a layman, the story is sometimes acutely interesting and sometimes might seem impossibly ridiculous. But, that is what makes any fairy tale, or a mythological epic, so legendary…..and curious! Note that all chapters are interconnected, so its recommended to be read chapter-wise.

While I could only see up until Rama Avatar during 2001-2004, I was fortunate enough to get Vishnupuran DVD in a US (where I got posted on and off from 2005 till 2016) library from whereon I continued my journal and this blog-posts.

Now, sit back and listen to what Vishnu has to say…!

No comments: